Kaiba Corp Duel Academy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Top 5 Attack Stopping Trap Cards

Staxx
    Staxx
    Assistant

Posts25
    Money0
    Reputation0
    Join date2011-04-24
    Global RankUnranked

Top 5 Attack Stopping Trap Cards Empty Top 5 Attack Stopping Trap Cards

Post by Staxx Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:54 am

Here i have 5 cards. These 5 cards all have two things in common: 1) they stop ONE monster's SINGLE attack and 2) They are all Traps.

Lets start with the best:

1) Dimensional Prison
    Top 5 Attack Stopping Trap Cards 119px-DimensionalPrisonSDMM-EN-C-1E
    -Activate only when your opponent declares an attack. Remove from play the attacking monster.

Where else would this card be other than the top the list. This is by far the most used card in this whole list. Why? Cuz unlike the other cards on this list this card removed the monster from the game. and for most decks that means bye-bye for good. This card also doesnt "destroy the monster" then removes it, it just removes it. That means you can tell your opponents Stardust Dragon to suck it.

2) Magic Cylinder
    Top 5 Attack Stopping Trap Cards 118px-MagicCylinderSDSC-EN-C-1E
    -Negate the attack of 1 monster your opponent controls and inflict damage to your opponent equal to its ATK.

This card is a huge game changer. This card deflects the attack damage you would take from your opponents monster. No need to explain why this card is number 2 on this list.

3) Sakuretsu Armor
    Top 5 Attack Stopping Trap Cards 120px-SakuretsuArmorYSDJ-EN-C
    -Activate only when an opponent's monster declares an attack. Destroy the attacking monster.

Now this is a classic card. This card is a watered down version of Dimensional Prison. It is good because it destroys the opponents monsters and gets it off the field, but this card can get negated by stardust. I recently had the pleasure to go to a huge local tournament (32 players), I didn't duel in these tour, but i was with a friend who was. While i was watching, i saw that this card was used alot. i'm guessing that Dimensional Prisons are hard to get or are expensive. i really dont card cuz i play only on KCVDS. XD

4) Negate Attack
    Top 5 Attack Stopping Trap Cards 120px-NegateAttackYSDJ-EN-C
    -Activate only when an opponent's monster declares an attack. Negate the attack and end the Battle Phase.

I see this card a lot in counter-fairy decks. Thats all i can really say about this card cuz its really not used in any other deck. But its a classic and should be included.

5) Scrap-Iron Scarecrow
    Top 5 Attack Stopping Trap Cards 119px-Scrap-IronScarecrow5DS2-EN-C-1E
    -Activate only when an opponent's monster declares an attack. Negate the attack, and Set this card face-down again instead of sending it to the Graveyard.

Now I've thought about placing this card at rank 4 but there is one thing that kept me from it... its the fact that this card gets flipped down after its gets played. why is that bad? 1, it takes up field space and 2 it gives you opponent a heads up about what you have facedown. Dont get me wrong this is still a good card, but not as good as the other on this list.

Thanks for reading, if you like rep meh
    Kojo
    Kojo
    Assistant

Posts71
    Money0
    Reputation0
    Join date2011-04-24
    Rank Points~15 Global Rank1
    Rank Record5-1

Top 5 Attack Stopping Trap Cards Empty Re: Top 5 Attack Stopping Trap Cards

Post by Kojo Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:55 am