Kaiba Corp Duel Academy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

The path of the Prodigy

Supreme_King
    Supreme_King

Romania
    Posts279
    Money2
    Reputation0
    Join date2011-04-24
    LocationRomania
    Rank Points30 Global Rank1
    Rank Record12-2

The path of the Prodigy Empty The path of the Prodigy

Post by Supreme_King Sun Apr 24, 2011 8:35 pm

Chapter 1 - The Initiation

"The thing popped up like a mirage in the desert. It was a miracle. It was his final chance. It is Dark Armed Dragon Academy."

Kiryu111 is someone who wanted to find his inner duelist, a duelist that would rewrite history by making an impact over wars, a person that would help many others become legends. But so far, his dream has almost no means to be accomplished. He has failed all the tests withing academies, getting low dorm rankings within all the major academies that he registered to. DAD Academy was his final chance. Had he failed it, he had to return to his little hometown upset, knowing that his dream will remain exactly that, a dream.
    "The middle dorm needs no duelists like you" is just one of the many equivalent phrases he had heard from the testers in various academies, phrases that doomed him to start low. But his goal was to start high and aim even higher, he aimed to get respect, a lot of it. Which is why no academy so far could contain him for more than a week. He fled with the first ship available. But this, this was different. DADA had something to it, something that attracted him. He couldn't realize what it was, but he knew he was going to find out only if he got tested for this academy as well.

(2 hours later)

The ship has arrived in DADA port. A ship full of new hopes, of new legends, of new duelists. Nobody knew anything about them, except the fact that they all were the best from their hometowns and were coming here to prove their skills. Amongst this crowd of fresh hope was a duelist whose fate would change forever before the sun would have gone up for a second time.

Our friend Kiryu111 had made a lot of friends since the ship has come to land here at DADA, but one of his best friends was a duelist named Scooh , one who came from a place not far from kiryu111.

Kiryu111: How do you feel about the fact that we came here?
    Scooh: I heard the testers are very friendly, but they can be harsh at giving ranks. One of my best friends once tried to get tested here and couldn't get a Ra Yellow rank because he made a couple of awareness mistakes, mostly made because he was nervous. So he ended up in Slifer Red. Not that it's a bad thing, but some of the Obelisks tend to be snobby around here and look down on Slifers especially.
    Kiryu111:(thought) Now this is exactly what I didn't want to hear.

With that in mind, he really didn't want to get a bad result at testing. But when he got in the testing waiting room, he got the attention of one of the testers there. The tester's name was Dark_Armed_Dragon, who was also the Head Administrator and Founder of DADA.

Dark_Armed_Dragon: Who is that kid?
    TheWingedDragonOfRa: He's kiryu111, the new Latvian kid. He's got some pretty impressive results in his hometown, but he shouldn't be much of a fuss amongst the big guys.
    Dark_Armed_Dragon: Hmm, he reminds me of myself when I was young as well. I think I'll test him, he definitely has some potential.
    TheWingedDragonOfRa: What? Come on, let the full time testers handle with him, you should worry about academy maintenance problems, testing old members, adding new activities and organizing stuff with us, instead of wasting time on them.*
    Dark_Armed_Dragon: No. There's something about this guy that simply makes me want to see his true skill. That's why the deck I'll use is my everyday deck.
    TheWingedDragonOfRa: Now I know you're missing a few pumpkins for a full pie. You want to OTK the poor fellow? This really isn't like you. But I know there's no point in arguing with you, so do whatever you want. I'll go and see how the rest of the staff are doing.

With that said, TheWingedDragonOfRa exited the Owner's Lounge, situated directly above the Testing Room, and went up the stairs to the Staff Offices. Dark_Armed_Dragon soon followed suit, instead getting his Duel Disk, hiding it underneath his robe and going down the stairs in the Testing Room.

(10 Minutes Later)

Announcer: Kiryu111, you are awaited for testing on field number 3.
    Scooh: This is your big chance Kiryu, go and show them what you got.
    Kiryu111: Thanks, will try to get a better result this time.

Once arriving there, Kiryu111 was stunned to see the Cyan Duel Disk uncovered by his tester's robe. It was a sign that the person facing him was no ordinary tester. It was an administrator.**

Dark_Armed_Dragon: My name is Dark_Armed_Dragon, Founder, Owner, Tester and Head Administrator of DADA and I will be your tester.

After hearing all those ranks, Kiryu111's balance seemed to fade away as he now realized he was facing a major personality right there on his first day. He had nothing to do but take a deep breath, activate his White Duel Disk and hope for the best. As he did that, Dark_Armed_Dragon responded in the same manner, both Duel Disks showing 8000 Life Points, signifying the beginning of Kiryu111's duel of destiny. It was do or die time.
    Dark_Armed_Dragon & Kiryu111: DUEL!
    (To be Continued)

*TheWingedDragonOfRa was the Co-Owner and Co-Founder of the academy, which is why he had a very familiar tone with Dark_Armed_Dragon, also being one of the select few members of the staff who dared to enter a verbal fight with him.
    **The robes of the Staff Members were all the same, so the difference between a tester and an administrator couldn't be made without seeing the Duel Disk. But they were distinguished from the students, who wore robes according to the dorm they were placed in.
    Supreme_King
    Supreme_King

Romania
    Posts279
    Money2
    Reputation0
    Join date2011-04-24
    LocationRomania
    Rank Record12-2

The path of the Prodigy Empty Re: The path of the Prodigy

Post by Supreme_King Tue May 03, 2011 8:01 pm

Seems I'm not very popular Sad Hope this will get people to read my fanfic Very Happy

From the previous chapter....

Kiryu111 has arrived to DADA, only to be greeted by the best duelist so far and the owner of DADA, Dark_Armed_Dragon. Now his test commences, the duel of destiny.

Chapter 2: Sugar, Spice and everything nice.

DAD:Please go first, I'm eager to see your style of opening a duel.
    Kiryu111:Thank you, sir. I will start by summoning Elemental Hero Stratos(1800ATK/300DEF). When summoned, he gives me an Elemental Hero from my deck to my hand. And I choose Elemental Hero Wildheart. Next I set a face down and that will do.
    DAD:Hmm, Elemental Heroes. This duel might be interesting. My turn now, and I summon my Green Gadget(1400ATK/900DEF). This gives me a Yellow Gadget from the deck to my hand.
    Jin:What? Is DAD really doing that?
    TWDOR:Unfortunately, yes. I'm sorry for that poor kid, he's about to witness DAD's OTK cigars.
    DAD:Next I activate my Fissure. This destroys your Stratos and gives me a free way to your life points.
    Kiryu111:Not so fast, I activate Dimensional Prison, removing your Gadget from the game.
    DAD:Fine, I will set two face downs myself and end my turn.
    Kiryu111: I'm up, and I summon...
    DAD: Not so fast. Before you summon something, I would like to activate something, since you just entered your turn.
    Kiryu111: Go ahead then.
    DAD: I activate Trap Dustshoot, which activates whenever you have 4 or more cards in your hand. Now I can see all your cards.
    Kiryu111: Fine. Here they are.
    DAD: I don't need to see them, since I know the one that I want to send back to your deck. Elemental Hero Wildheart will return to your deck.
    Kiryu111: What? Oh man this sucks. Well guess it's bye time Wildheart. Then I summon Elemental Hero Sparkman. Attack Dark_Armed_Dragon with Power Surge!
    (DAD 6400/Kiryu111 8000)
    DAD: My turn now, and that was your final turn. I'm sorry for you. I activate Future Fusion...
    Jin: Here it comes!
    TWDOR: Indeed.
    DAD: ...sending my 3 Jinzo's, my 3 Jinzo Returner's and my Cyber Dragon from my deck to the graveyard and in two turns I will get Chimeratech Overdragon. Next my Jinzo Returners activate, summoning my 3 Jinzo's(2400ATK/1500DEF) from the graveyard.
    Kiryu111: Whaaaaaaat?
    DAD: Next, since I only have 3 dark monsters in my graveyard, I can summon now my Dark Armed Dragon(2800ATK/1000DEF)! Rise my mighty beast and feast upon the souls banished to the darkness!
    Kiryu111: Oh man, this is gonna hurt.
    DAD: Attack and end this duel!
    (DAD 6400/Kiryu111 0)
    DAD: You have fought well, but not well enough to impress me. Yet you have passed our entry test, so the dorm you are assigned to is Slifer Red. Go to the dorm cafeteria, your Dorm Leader will see that you get comfortable there.
    Kiryu111: Thank you sir for the duel.(in his thoughts:Thanks for nothing, I knew I was rubbish before you dueled me, I didn't need a confirmation)

(10 minutes later)
    Kiryu111:This is my room, heh, guess it's gonna be a long ride home after tonight. I don't want to be the school's loser aga...
    Scooh: Kiryu111?
    Kiryu111: Scooh? what are you doing here?
    Scooh: I was given this room.
    Kiryu111: So you are a red too huh?
    Scooh: Yeah, but hey, at least I'm in.
    Kiryu111: Well, I'm not going to be. I'm leaving DADA first thing tomorrow.

(To be Continued)
    Lunchbox
    Lunchbox
    Assistant

Posts18
    Money0
    Reputation0
    Join date2011-04-24
    LocationIllinois
    Global RankUnranked

Post by Lunchbox Tue May 03, 2011 8:24 pm

Haha! This was very entertaining to read! I can't wait for the next one.

- Lunchbox
    Anzo
    Anzo
    Assistant

Posts135
    Money7
    Reputation3
    Join date2011-04-22

Post by Anzo Tue May 03, 2011 8:38 pm

Why its only DAD and Kiryu111 , i wants to be there too ._.
    Supreme_King
    Supreme_King

Romania
    Posts279
    Money2
    Reputation0
    Join date2011-04-24
    LocationRomania
    Rank Record12-2

Post by Supreme_King Tue May 03, 2011 8:41 pm

Because it's a fanfic made at Kiryu111's request about his career, so it's not really fiction Wink You will show up, don't worry, so will I Very Happy
    Anzo
    Anzo
    Assistant

Posts135
    Money7
    Reputation3
    Join date2011-04-22

Post by Anzo Tue May 03, 2011 8:43 pm

Well , make sure to makes me look sexy (more than iam already ._.)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 6:45 am