Kaiba Corp Duel Academy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Gladiator Beasts!!

overd0se.KayKay
    overd0se.KayKay
    Assistant

Germany
    Posts42
    Money0
    Reputation0
    Join date2011-04-26
    Global RankUnranked

Gladiator Beasts!! Empty Gladiator Beasts!!

Post by overd0se.KayKay Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:10 am

1 | GB Bestiari
    1 | GB Darius
    2 | GB Equeste
    1 | GB Hoplomus
    2 | GB Laquari
    1 | GB Murmillo
    1 | GB Retiari
    1 | Grandmole
    1 | Spirit Reaper
    2 | TKR

1 | BoM
    1 | Dark Hole
    3 | GPG
    3 | Forbidden Lance
    1 | Monster Reborn
    2 | MST

2 | Seven Tools
    2 | BTH
    2 | CED
    1 | CotH
    1 | D.Prison
    2 | GB War Chariot
    1 | MF
    1 | Mind Crush
    1 | Solemn Judgment
    2 | Solemn Warning
    1 | Trap Stun

40 cards

My last topic and deck made in TDA.
    Questions? Feel free to ask.
    KingWolfy
    KingWolfy

United States
    Posts42
    Money0
    Reputation0
    Join date2011-04-24
    Global RankUnranked
    Rank Record0-1

Gladiator Beasts!! Empty Re: Gladiator Beasts!!

Post by KingWolfy Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:30 am

Before making any sort of edits and suggestions:

Why not Triple Chariot?
    Why no Tiger?
    Also, why have one random D-Prison?

It seems as though, you are making a GB Stun (of some sort). So Prison should either be at 2-3 or none, never one.
    overd0se.KayKay
    overd0se.KayKay
    Assistant

Germany
    Posts42
    Money0
    Reputation0
    Join date2011-04-26
    Global RankUnranked

Post by overd0se.KayKay Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:08 am

Triple Chariot ends in dead draw. As i don't run Respite i don't really want that another reason is that this deck is totally Prismaless and Tigerless. A 3rd Chariot would only slow down my deck (I tested it). Tigers are aggro cards (everything you want is to pull out murmillo or Bestiari) and not that usefull without Prisma, besides they can be countered via BoM or Solemn Warning (-1). Even a BtH would destroy everything as my bestiari shouln get removed from game for me.

It's more a control Gladiator Deck. CED seems the better way to get rid of monsters to me. CED is chainable to everything unlike D-Prison. Maybe I take out MF for D-Prison because of the fact that the battle is pretty late and I want to activate that card before it gets destroyed.

The current Meta needs more control in Gladiator decks. My old Gladiator deck didn't work that well anymore (it was a simple PrismaGlads with 3 Tigers and 3 Chariots). I always got owned by Solemn Warning's and Book of Moon.
    TheWiseman
    TheWiseman
    Assistant

Posts138
    Money0
    Reputation0
    Join date2011-04-25
    LocationSoul Society
    Global RankUnranked

Post by TheWiseman Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:22 am

So how does your new build run in comparison?
    overd0se.KayKay
    overd0se.KayKay
    Assistant

Germany
    Posts42
    Money0
    Reputation0
    Join date2011-04-26
    Global RankUnranked

Post by overd0se.KayKay Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:49 am

My new build contains the new Lances which are pretty versatile. This card replaces my Tigers as I can weak my opponents monsters in the damage step or I can make them immune to spell and traps, even getting our Bestiari isnt a problem anymore. Without Tiger i took out Prisam aswell which gave me space for TKR, which is a very strong beatstick + hes a pretty nice anti Meta monster. Thats a part of control to dont let my opponent get stupid indestructable Stardust Dragons or nasty BRD's.

Spirit Reaper is a little defense which let's me stall a little bit longer and if possible he can get rid of 1 card. It's just about control. In old Gladiator Decks you have to rely on your traps while this deck contains the reaper + hoplomus + super cool lances.

Mole and CED help me to destroy stupid synchros or to get rid of stupid cards and can be comboed with mind Crush if necessary. I had Dustshot in this deck before, but dustshot is very situational and a dead draw in late game. Mind Crush otherwise can help me alot vs gemini decks which are pretty nasty for Glads.

The difference is that I have more control for the cost of offensive. I feel my new Glad deck is alot better than my old ones because in my old I just get stomped by very strong Synchros and Special Summons.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 8:05 pm